Sunday 7 August 2016

Which one is Better? Blog.example.com or example.com/blog



Today I just came through a scenario. I wanted to integrate a blog on one of my clients side and he asked me that which one will be better for Digital marketing. I mean, he was asking me whether its better to make a sub domain like blog.example.com or example.com/blog and I was also a bit confused. But one thing was very much sure to me that many search engines treat sub domains as a separate domain. I searched some articles on google and finally found that big SEO experts recommend you to go for example.com/blog format.
Normally what happens is that Sub domains will not affect the PR and the Domain Authority as Google treats them as a separate domain.The common issue made with sub domains is that people place the same content on the sub domain as they have on the main site and think it is ok. Well it is not and this causes duplicate content issues.
Since search engines keep different metrics for domains than they do subdomains, it is recommended that webmasters place link worthy content like blogs in subfolders rather than subdomains. (i.e. www.example.com/blog/ rather than blog.example.com)
Article by: Rohit Shelwante

No comments:

Post a Comment