Friday 12 August 2016

What is the difference in SEO, SMO & SEM??

School of Digital marketing


Regardless of industry, abbreviations becomes a very big confusion to new comers.
Today’s the day where I will let you know about SEO, SEM, and SMO  in Digital marketing.

SEO: Search Engine Optimization
In a very simple language, SEO is basically to improve your websites ranking in search engines. Then it could be any search engine. No Matter. I
will give you an example. We will take my example only, I provide SEO Training in Pune. So my targetted audience is those who search for SEO
or Search Engine classes in pune. Normally when people will search in search engines, they will type keywords like SEO Classes in pune, SEO
courses in pune, seo training institutes in pune or something like Best SEO Trainers in pune. Now after typing those keywords in search engine,
they get my website in the top 5 rankings. Now you must have experienced that whenever you do a search, normally you click on the first, second,
third link. So now as my website is in the top 5 rankings, changes are more that they will click on my website and will do an enquiry. So this
enquiry may turn up into a student. So did you see this, the reason why I got this enquiry was because I was in the top rankings of search engines.
If I would have been on the second or thrid page, no one would have come there and clicked on my website. Now the reason why my website is
showing the top page is because I have optimized my website well as per the guidelines of search engine. This is called Search Engine
Optimization
SEM: Search Engine Marketing
Now SEM is very different from Search Engine Optimization. Lets say, you are new into the market and you don’t have that much time to do SEO
and wait for the results for the next 2-3 months. You want your website in the top rankings for a certain keywords. So in this case what you can do
is run a paid campaign. Paid campaign allows you to show your website’s ad to your target audience. In this case you can pay to the respective
website owners and show your ad. Major Display Ad companies are Google, Microsoft AdCentre & Linkedin. Will give you and example. As I
said that I run SEM Classes in Pune and now if some types in google search engine “SEM Training Institutes in Pune” then my website’s ad
should come in the top without doing SEO, the I will pay to google, saying that if any one who types keywords like SEM Courses, SEM Trainer in
Pune, Best SEM Courses in Pune, then my ad should get displayed. So google as per the bidding and many other things taking into
consideration shows your ads in the top so that you get visits and per click it charges you.
SMO: Social Media Optimization
Social media optimization is the process of marketing through social media sites like Twitter, Facebook and YouTube. By utilizing the social aspect of the web, social media marketing is able to connect and interact on a much more personalized and dynamic level than through traditional marketing. A social media marketing strategy can be as simple as having a company blog, a Twitter account, or attaching “Digg This” and “Tweet This” tags to the end of articles. It can also be as complicated as having a full campaign that encompasses blogs, Twitter, social networking and viral videos through YouTube.
Article by : Rohit Shelwante

No comments:

Post a Comment